Sunday, December 7, 2008

Recent Nightmares

Two nights ago, Seth woke up and came into our room and got into bed with us.  He said he had a bad dream and wanted to sleep with us.  Shortly after, he started whimpering, so I woke him up.  He told me he was dreaming that he was trying to put on a play about Baby Jesus, but Mario and Luigi kept fighting and they wouldn't stop.  I think we need to limit his Wii time.  When Seth was three, he had a dream that Jesse was making him smell carrots.  He was SO mad at Jesse he didn't want to talk to him.  It took me a while to convince him that Jesse had *never* forced him to smell carrots.  

Last night, Luke woke up crying.  I went into his room and he was sitting on his knees in his bed crying, "shoes!  Shoes on!"  I said, Luke, "You're dreaming.  Its time for night night.  We'll put shoes on in the morning."  He and I sat in the recliner in his room for a while until he settled down.  He was determined to wear his shoes!  I finally put him back in his bed and went back to my bed.  Within 5 minutes, he was crying about his shoes again.  Jesse went into his room and they slept together in the recliner for quite a while.  I'm really glad his bad dreams are mild and not about monsters, or about anyone making him smell food.  

No comments: