Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesse!

Today we celebrated Jesse's 31st Birthday! We were going to go to the beach this morning, but it was supposed to rain all day. We ended up going to Streets of Southpoint in Durham, where we had lunch at Firebird's. Jesse and Seth happened to be in the bathroom with the manager, and Seth told him that it was Jesse's Birthday. (I'm sure he told him lots of other things, too.) The manager was really nice and sent a free dessert to our table. We got the peanut butter pie and it was super yummy. We left the Durham mall and went to Crabtree Valley mall to visit the Apple, Disney and Lego stores. Then we came home and ate Jesse's cake that I made for him. (I used the Pioneer Woman's chocolate sheet cake recipe, but I made it as a layer cake and thickened the frosting.) I forgot to take a picture, but it turned out pretty good.

The boys picked out presents earlier this week. I asked Luke what he wanted to get Daddy and guess what he chose?

"Look, Daddy, its chocwit!"
IMG_4890

"Here. I help you."

IMG_4891

"Daddy, I tell you somefin. Can I have some chocwit?"

IMG_4892


Seth was extremely eager to have Jesse open the gift from him.

IMG_4894

Jesse was excited, too!

IMG_4893
It was a Star Wars fighter jet!
IMG_4895

"Hey Daddy, when can I have a turn playing with it?"

No comments: