Friday, July 4, 2008

Prayer Time

After reading our books tonight, I told Seth it was time to pray. He said, "Okay," and then he closed his eyes and said, "Once upon a time...Hey, Mommy? I'm going to tell God a story fist and then I'll pray. Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Charlotte Johnson (then he began to sing) *and she sure is looking good! I had to go and see her, so I called her on the phone, walked over to her house and this was going on: her brother was on the sofa eatin chocolate pie, her momma was in the kitchen cuttin chicken up to fry, her daddy was in the back yard foldin up the garden hose, I was on the porch with Charlotte singing look down to my toes and we were swingin, swingin, yes we were swingin, swingin! God, help me to be nice and not mean. Amen."

No comments: