Sunday, August 5, 2007

First Day of School!

Seth has been begging me to start school, so I've been busy getting all of my books and supplies together. This year we are doing Handwriting Without Tears (Pre-K), Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (we're already on lesson 34), and we'll be working out of some resource guides that I found that have art lessons and activities based on children's popular picture books. We also have an ant farm, beetle farm, and a butterfly canopy that we will fill throughout the year.

This morning we went outside and took our "First Day of School" picture. Then we went for a nature walk. 
DSC05599

We heard a bird in the woods and I asked Seth if he knew what kind it was. He said he thought it was a pelican (we watched Nemo yesterday). Then we found a tree that looked like it had been sawed down. I asked Seth what he thought happened to it and he said a Beaver ate it.

DSC05595 

Then we found some ants.

DSC05600
 Seth stomped a few of them and then rode his scooter through the ant pile. We also saw some butterflies and some black dragon flies that I thought were really cool, but they were too fast for me to take their picture.

DSC05601
DSC05602

No comments: