Monday, September 1, 2008

The bug whisperer and the alligator dancer

Seth is the Bug Whisperer.  He can and will catch any bug that comes within 10 feet of him and it will instantly become his best friend.  He even names them.  Most of them are called "Eric."  He caught a huge butterfly a few days ago, and then he let it go and it stayed on his hand for a few seconds and then flew away.  Then it came back and landed on his shirt.  He was *so* excited!  
IMG_2581

Then it went to the butterfly bush to hang out and eat.
IMG_2582

Seth followed it and kept saying, "Come here Eric.  I'll take god care of you.  You're such a sweet little friend."
IMG_2583

___________________________________________________________________

Yesterday he caught a bird.  Yep.  A real live bird.  It was on our bird feeder and he just reached out and picked it up.  When he showed it to me, I about flipped.  I just knew he was going to catch the bird flu, so I made him let it go and then made him go inside and scrub his hands.  It was really cool watching the bird fly out of his hands.  I'll never figure out how he caught that thing.  Most of the birds fly when we walk towards the feeder.

Here's Seth with a frog:
Seth's Critters

A cricket:
Seth's Critters

And a lizard:

Seth's Critters

___________________________________________________________________

Luke is the Alligator Dancer.  Whenever I sing the Alligator song, he does the funniest little dance!  He bends over at the waist, sticks his arms straight out behind him and does a shoulder roll.  Then he stomps his feet and stands up and does it again.   I've tried to get it on video, but he will have none of that.  He likes to be on the other side of camera.  Oh, and when I put him in bed at night, I always sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him.  When I'm finished, he claps and says, "yay!"  He such a sweet little boy. 
 
DSC05899

No comments: